I have officially been a stay-at-home mommy for three weeks now and I absolutely love it!! Madelynn is just blossoming and her talents are growing every day. She can now say hi, momma, daddy, what's that, there it is, anda (aunti manda), and that's all that I can think of for now. Thanks to Jill she has hand signals for 'all finished' and 'some more please!' when she is eating dinner, but she uses all finished for everything; like 'I am finished in the bathtub', and 'I am finished with this walk, let me out of this stroller', and 'I am totally finished with this nap!' She loves it anytime someone throws a ball or swats a fly, she laughs sooo hard it is hilarious!!
The other day I was sweeping and she wanted to help me pick up the pile of dirt on the floor, so she reached down and picked up a pinch full of dirt in between her finger and thumb and walked it over to the trash. Thank goodness for dust pans or we would have been there all day!!
Now family news....this year has been eventful for us. We had our first Mother's day and Father's day, which were wonderful. Madelynn turned one, we had our fifth anniversary, and Jacob graduated from school!! So to celebrate we went into debt and bought our first house. We signed the offer the same week that Jacob took all of his finals, talk about a stressful week!! Then a few months later we decided it was time for number two, so he/she will be here in May 2008!!
Now we are absolutely broke and can't go anywhere because we have so many house projects!! But we love it anyways!! This weekend we got all of our boxes unpacked that were still in our garage and parked in it for the first time in three months, it was very exciting!!!
3 comments:
Hey Pollocks. Madilan(spelling)has gotten so big. She is walking! I love the red hair. Laura I'm happy for you, being able to stay home with your kids is awesome. How are things. Hope you don't mind us adding you to our blog. Our blog is kenningtons.blogspot.com.
I am so glad you guys have a blog. I am so busy, this is the only way I have to keep up with everyone. Your stories are fun to read too...good job!
I just voted for "other" on what you guys should wear in your family picture so here is why. It always looks too posed when everyone matches just right so I think that Jacob or you should wear a plaid or some sort of patterned shirt or dress and then the other should wear a solid of one of the colors in the pattern and then Madi should wear another solid from the plaid or a cordinating pattern, such as a floral to match the plaid. I hope this wasn't too long of an explanation. From all of the family pictures we have taken this always looks the most natural and the colors stand out more than white against white or black on black.
Post a Comment