I guess that instead of going private I should have just shut down my blog with the way i have been ignoring it lately. I do have good excuses though, not that we haven't been doing anything, but we have been so busy. So hopefully here goes a HUGE update!!
First, and most exciting to me, is our goal update. We have been working very hard on getting out of debt and I am proud to say that we are 2/3rds of the way there!!! Jacob mentioned the other day that it is only April and we have Katherine potty-trained, off the bottle and we are getting close to being out of debt, not a bad year so far!!!
Katherine will be 2 on Sunday!!! My baby is getting so big!! She had her 2 year check up on Wednesday and we discovered that she followed suit with her sister....tiny!!!! She was 24 pounds and 33 1/2 inches tall, which put her in the 10% for weight and 50% for height!! She passed all of the tests the doctor gave her. She could identify and tell you bird, horse, cat, dog (she didn't care so much for the picture of the man, it wasn't an animal!) Anyways, all of the tests on the paper she passed. I was supposed to keep asking her the questions until she got 3 of them wrong and she only started getting them wrong when she was in the section for 3 year olds. I was very proud!! Her little personality has been growing so much lately. She is so cute and fun to be around.
Madelynn said the other day "We're not arguing, we're talking!" WHAT....when did you start analyzing situations like that??? And whatever you want to call it.....STOP IT, I don't like the way you are speaking to each other!!!! SHEESH!! It was pretty funny though!!
Easter was lots of fun!! Madelynn and Katherine spent the week before Easter with the Estill side of the family. My mom, Amanda, Carlos and Hollie took all of the grandkids for the entire week!! They went to the zoo, the park, the beach and traveled from Fresno to Bakersfield to Ventura, CA!!! Therefore on Easter we planned on staying home and taking it easy. That didn't end up being what happened though......We were invited and spent the morning with the Ray family. We had an Easter egg hunt in the morning with a very yummy breakfast and then watched Conference. We had so much fun and very much enjoyed the company!! Then we went home, had some lunch, and got a phone call from Auntie Liz. She was traveling through Bakersfield in about an hour and needed a potty break and some lunch, which we were very happy to provide!! So we got to spend the afternoon session of conference with them. Then, as soon as they left and conference was over, we debated...to go or not to go!! Well we decided to go to the Pollocks for dinner...so we loaded in the car and headed to Taft. Yes, we didn't leave until 3:30, putting us in Taft at 4:30 and making a very late evening, but we ended up being so glad we went. Oh, did I mention we had an addition? Ben hitched a ride to my parents house which meant a pit stop on the way. When we got to my parents house the front lawn was covered with easter-eggs and about 4 cars pulled in behind us. We showed up just in time for the festivities to begin! So we got another, unexpected egg hunt and got to spend some unexpected time with my entire family!! It was so much fun!!! Then we finally made it to our destination and some leftover Tri-tip sandwiches which were amazing!!! It was very nice to visit with GG, Mima and Grumpa!! GG had bought a bunny that is twice as big as Madelynn that came with 5 dress-up dresses. Madelynn was so thrilled. She kept wanting the bunny's outfit changed and in the end, put on some of the dresses herself!! She LOVED the dresses and still talks about GG's bunny and the 5 dresses!!!
We still have no name for the little boy, but we still have 10 weeks to go. I am starting to feel like a baby balooga, but keep reassuring myself that in about 4 weeks I will be the momma balooga, so just wait, I will still get a LOT bigger!!!!
(My pictures aren't uploading, I will have to add them later!)
No comments:
Post a Comment