Friday, July 16, 2010

Birth Story

Not complete, it is going to be long!!

My baby is two weeks old now and I am so in love with him!! He smells so good. He sleeps so good. He eats so good. He is VERY good at being a baby!!

Austin Estill Pollock joined our family on the 4th of July!!! I was supposed to go into the hospital on the 3rd to be induced, but everyone in Bakersfield wanted their babies out before the holiday and so there was no room for me.

We had a very eventful week as Uncle Sam passed away. The funeral was on Friday so Jacob had the day off!! (It was actually the week of June 30th, the County's fiscal year end, so Jacob had been working until 9:00 or later all week!!) But it was now Friday!! We had planned on going to the Ventura timeshare with Bruce and Kathy from Friday until Sunday, but since Uncle Sam passed away and Dr. Lewis wanted to induce on the 3rd, we weren't sure how the weekend was going to go!! After the Funeral, we decided to head to Ventura anyway and I am so glad that we did!!!



Friday night we had dinner in the hotel room then headed to the beach. Katherine wanted to swing on the regular swings (of course!!) but Jacob convinced Madelynn to go on a zip line that went from a big boat to a pole about 60 feet away and she LOVED it!!! He finally got Katherine to go on it too and she thought it was great as well!!


The on Saturday morning we went to a swap-meet, which was pretty cool and to lunch at.........Snapper Jacks, could we have gone anywhere else.....NO!!! It was quite tasty too, although I tried to eat light because I was planning on being induced later on that evening!! Then we went back to the hotel and got ready to go to the beach. It was still pretty overcast, so we didn't know how the girls were going to like it, but it didn't seem to bother them. There were a million people there because of the holiday weekend, but Jacob and the girls found a place to build sand castles close to the water while I laid on the blanket in the sunshine!! It approached 3:00 and was time for me to call into the Hospital to see how things were going which is when I found out there was no room at the inn, so we decided to stay at the beach...oh darn!!! We headed home late that evening with the girls and went to bed. I slept really well and woke up at my usual time 5:00 AM and called the hospital to find out they had delivered all of the babies and wanted me to come in at 7:30. We arrived around 8:30, no rush!!

We got all situated really quickly as they were waiting for us. Dr. Lewis came in and we chatted some and he informed us that we weren't going to be using Cervidel we were going to be using something different that should work much faster, and it proved itself to be so!! I was given the first dose at 9:45 and within two hours I was in early labor. I got a second dose at 12:45 and the contractions started to be really strong and about 1 minute apart so they started my IV to slow it down a bit.



1 comment:

Jennifer McFadden said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a cute little boy, such a beautiful family! Bummer we missed you while you were in Ventura but we will have to get together some time. I am just now finally starting to get back in touch with people & connecting with the "outside world" again after my twin girls are going to be 1 in 3 weeks LOL. Anyway, just thought I would browse my friend's blogs and wanted to wish you congratulations! *hugs*

Divider

Divider