Friday, November 4, 2011

Austin

Austin is officially 16 months old!

His bedtime routine consists of a bottle, brushing his teeth and cuddling with Daddy for a few minutes and then going to bed.  Well Jacob has been into hunting lately.  He just got his hunting license for the first time and has been watching a lot of you-tube videos on duck hunting.  So, for the past few weeks,  their routine has consisted of watching you-tube videos of duck hunts while cuddling.

So last weekend Jacob was home and put Austin to bed at nap time with the same routine on Saturday and Sunday.

Monday rolls around and it is nap time and I am trying to put Austin to sleep.  He is super energized and so I new it was going to be a process to get him to settle down and go to sleep.  I tried EVERYTHING!!  Books, singing, letting him cry for a little while, nothing worked.  He still wanted to get up and go play....argg!  So it suddenly dawns on me to think about what Jacob does (in reality, Jacob puts him to bed more than I do).  So I get my phone and find me some you-tube duck hunting videos (I don't even know what I am looking for, but I will try anything at this point).  Austin hears the duck calls on the video and gets excited.  So he lays down next to me to watch the videos and is asleep in less than 3 minutes!

I am still mad that this actually worked.  But even I have to admit that it is pretty funny.  So his naps all week have included some duck hunting videos while cuddling with mommy.

No comments:

Divider

Divider