Sunday, April 27, 2008

Katherine Elyse Pollock




Baby Katherine was born on Friday, April 25, 2008 at 11:01 pm. She is 8 lbs 3 oz and 19 inches long. Her skin is so pink and she has a head full of black hair!! She is so beautiful!!!

Here's the story for those who are interested:
Jacob and I went into the hospital Thursday evening. The nurses said they would have a bed available around 8:30, so that is when we showed up to begin the induction process. They gave me the first dose of Cervadel (sp?) around 11:00. It didn't do a thing so I got a second dose 12 hours later at 11:00 Friday morning. The second dose started working immediately. I personally think the doctor didn't do it right the first time. First of all I heard the nurse tell the staff to wake her up and get her over there, then while she was doing the process she kept rubbing her face to wake herself up (just a side-note). Anyway, the second one started some cramping and within a few hours things were moving along nicely. By 4:30 pm I was far enough along for the doctor to break my water (supposedly). Then I got the epidural around 7:00, just in time for shift change. I loved my next nurse, she was awesome. She checked me around 7:30 at which time she really did break my water, water went everywhere. Then things went nicely from there. At 10:00 I was at a 5, then 10:30 at a 7 (at which time the nurse commented that the baby just didn't want to be born on the 25th, she must be waiting for the 26th, hahaha!) My contractions were getting very close together, oh and I need to mention that the epidural wasn't working on my left side the last hour and a half, so I was feeling every contraction, but only on my left side. She checked me again 10 minutes later, I can't remember why she checked me so close together, but thank goodness she did, I was ready to start pushing!! They had me start, thinking this big headed child would take a while to get out. After three pushes I had to wait for the doctor, who took FOREVER to get into the room, then to get dressed, it was horrible. So one final push and her head was out, then the rest of her body came quickly after. It was so wonderful and she is so beautiful!!

3 comments:

Ben and Liz said...

Congrats to you all!!! She is absolutely perfect.

The(totally awesome)Luchau Family! said...

Oh my gosh!!!Imagine that, i am just doing my normal blog surfin, and low and behold you had your baby!!! Yeah!!!!! She is just so beautiful! Congrats. I hope that all are doing well and resting. :) Take Care. Remeber we are just a phone call away. Take Care. We are so excited for you!

Brooke said...

Congratulations!!!! She is soo pretty!!! I may have just missed it, but how big was she? I hope you guys are doing well. and again, CONGRATS!!!

Divider

Divider