Sunday, May 4, 2008

Big Sister!

This post is mostly for Madelynn. She has been totally uprooted this past week and although it is obviously difficult for her, she has been so good for us and has been so good to baby Katherine.

The day before I found out I was going to be induced, Madelynn decided that it was time for no more diapers, yes, she was ready to be potty trained. Horrible timing for me, but I really wasn't going to argue with her. Her best friend, Lucy, was over for a few hours and they both decided that it was NAKED TIME, this was a first for me (both of them naked together, don't get me wrong, Maddy loves the nude and I soon found out that Lucy does too!!) Well, they were in the buff for about 3 hours with no accidents and two successful potty attempts!!! I never thought I would be a fan of peer pressure, but apparently that is what it takes to get them to actually 'go' on the potty. So since then Maddy has been doing great!! She has had a few accidents, but for the most part she has been doing good. Jacob has even taken her to Costco and other places in just her panties and she didn't have any accidents.

Now about being a big sister.....she is awesome!!! The first day that she saw the baby, she was in LOVE. She would give hugs and kisses and is very soft with her. The second day was also true love, however the third and fourth day she decided that mommy was spending WAY too much time with the baby. This is when she quit going potty on the toilet for anyone besides mommy because you see, this is something that 'my mommy' will put the baby down for. Since then however, I am feeling much better and have been able to have quality mommy and Maddy time and things have been better. We have started taking her baby on walks in the evening after dinner. We make it down the street about two blocks, then we turn around and come back. There have been other things, but this one is the most fun of all, then we sit on the grass in the front yard and she loves it.


Here mommy is helping Maddy take pictures of HER baby, you can see her toes at the edge of the picture, so cute!!


Here we were taking pictures of Mommy and Maddy, I look horrid, but I have such a hard time getting Madelynn to give me a good smile, if any at all, that I had to put it up.


Here is Madelynn in her new pretty dress, thank you Andrea!!! I haven't had a chance to get her some white sandals to go with it (haven't exactly made it to a store), so she has her easter shoes on. But she let me curl her hair this morning and it's not all scraggly in the back!!

3 comments:

The(totally awesome)Luchau Family! said...

So sweet...and i love her new little dress. What a big girl. It is so neat that soon they will be playing baby dolls together and dress up. How mush fun!

Brooke said...

Sounds like it's going really well.. I'm so happy for you. Way to go Maddy. alaura's been potty traing too, but I didnt' just have a baby, so I think it's a little easier for me...

Just The Three Of Us said...

i do have to say...the dress does look pretty good on her! :)

Divider

Divider