MY TWO GIRLS!!!!
Katherine has been such an easy baby so far, she does everything that Madelynn wouldn't do for us.
***Kate takes a binki, Madelynn had a snake like tongue that was so long and wouldn't allow the binki to stay in her mouth. Plus she liked to be on the boob constantly (so frustrating), where Kate I can feed, swaddle, and give her the binki and Jacob can rock her to sleep. Jacob has been so good at swaddling her just the way she likes and putting her to sleep, she will stay asleep longer when he does it than when I do it.
*** Speaking of tongues, Maddy has a LONG skinny tongue (we practice touching her nose with it!) Kate has a split tongue. She will be one of those kids that can do tricks with her tongue.
***Kate likes to be swaddled. Madelynn was born on July 12th, followed by three weeks of 113* weather, she was always hot, no matter what we did and hatted to be swaddled, thus resulting in not sleeping for long periods of time.
***Kate has already had a blow out!!! Madelynn didn't have one until my first week after quitting my job. Yes I was having lunch with a friend and she blew out ALL over ME!!! I considered it my initiation into full-time motherhood!!
Therefore, she got another bath this morning.
***Kate loves baths. She got her first one on friday. She cried at first, but ended up loving the water. This morning she didn't make a peep, even when she was just sitting naked before I put her in the water. She did get pretty hysterical when it was time to get out. I don't remember if Maddy liked them or not.
***Kate has Jacob's long narrow feet, Maddy has my wide feet, but she does have long toes. Kate has deep nailbeds, Maddy doesn't.
***Kate has lots of long black hair!!! Madelynn's was brown and like most babies, not a whole lot of it.
***Neither one has any eyebrows, Maddy's eyebrows were the first clue we had that she was going to have red hair.
***Both had hairy ears.
***Maddy was super bow legged (sp?), Katherine is just a little.
6 comments:
I love the uniqueness of each kid! congrats on your new addition and hope all is well!
Thanks for sharing all the neat things about your new daughter. I enjoyed learning new things about Kate and Mady :D.It sure is amazing how each child we have is so different from the next. Can't wait to watch them grow into two beautiful little girls.
She's very pretty. you hear that alot, that each kid is so unique. Have fun with your two beautiful girls
Okay so is Katherine going to be Kate? or is she both? Justin says he likes her middle name too:)
Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone for your wonderful comments!!!
To answer your question Liz, we are debating Kate, Katie and Katherine. We'll see what fits!!
Laura!! Hello! How are you? I did not even know you were expecting your second baby. Congrats! I found your blog through Justin and Elizabeth's blog. Where are you guys living now? Congrats again on the new baby. She's beautiful!
Check out my blog! No cute baby photos to share, just random stuff. :)
annakins17.blogspot.com
Post a Comment