I think it's time for an update. No, we didn't fall off the face of the earth, although I know that is what all of you were thinking, our computer was broken. Which made it feel, to me at least, that we had actually fallen off the face of the earth.
Katherine is now 8 MONTHS OLD!!!! She full on crawls, pulls herself up to standing position, has 4 teeth which is good because she loves to eat. About two weeks ago she started refusing baby food and after a few days of wondering what to feed her I just started giving her some of our food and she LOVES it. She loves to be able to grab it herself and put it in her mouth and USE her teeth. It is very fun to watch her. We have been to the doctor multiple times with this child in the last two months. She really has not been the same since she first got sick at Halloween (our last post). The doctor has diagnosed her and attempted treating her for several different things from Croup to Bronchitis to Allergies and alas our final diagnosis (with new doctor) has been asthma. She gets breathing treatments twice a day to open up her airways and it is making a huge difference. She has started sleeping for an extended amount of time again, even for naps and has been back in her crib for two nights. She has her color back and isn't coughing/congested all the time anymore. I am starting to feel like I have my baby back!! Although she still has a ways to go and doesn't like the treatments, she is doing much better.
Madelynn is almost 2 and a HALF!!!! She is the typical two year old except lately her temper tantrums have developed into more of a sassy/attitude type thing and I suddenly feel like I have a 13 year old. What happened to my baby?? She has lost a lot of her baby face and is looking more like a little girl each day. She has started singing the ABC's and can point out several letters, she can count to 10 by herself, 20 with help, she knows all her colors and shapes and is learning her vowels. Her latest fascination is the M-O-O-N. She constantly is asking "where is the moon mommy (or daddy)?" and if it is day time we tell her it is either sleeping or hiding and if it is night time we make an attempt to find it. It is so cute. She will put together different things that we say and make her own conclusions, for example, the other day (it was nighttime) she said "The Sun is hiding huh mommy." I got the biggest kick out of that, I know it is simple, but I love to see her little brain work.
Anyway, all in all things have been very eventful lately. I will have more specific posts to come of a few highlights like Madelynn's black eye and stuff like that. We hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and we miss you all so much and think of you often.
1 comment:
I can't believe it took this long to figure out what was REALLY wrong with Catherin. Poor girl! Glad to hear she is doing better ;)
Post a Comment