Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving!!

I have had a cold all week (thought I was over it on Tuesday, over-did-it, now it is ten times worse!) So I have been so ready to be done with Thanksgiving, I can't taste the food anyways, lets just get on with Christmas!!!

But today I have been humbled and have been thinking of the reasons why we celebrate Thanksgiving and would like to post a few of the things I am truly grateful for:

*My wonderful family, I have the most awesome husband and children who are such a blessing and joy to me.
*My faith, this year has been especially rough on us financially and I know I would have lost it on several occasions if I didn't have my faith that I have a Father in Heaven who loves me and is watching over me.
*My Country, I am so grateful to the veterans who fought for our freedom that we currently have and especially to those who are *NOW FIGHTING for MY FREEDOM!! THANK YOU!!!!
*The Gospel, I am so glad to know that my family is eternal and that I will one day see my grandpa and grandma and Josie and Jonny again one day

Okay....now I am in tears. I have really been missing people lately and I am so grateful for the people who are here right now and for the time that we get to spend together (working, talking, laughing) I am grateful for so much in my life. And so, now I am really looking forward to this week and for the opportunity to celebrate and remember all of the things I am grateful for!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

1 comment:

The(totally awesome)Luchau Family! said...

Thank you laura for your awesome reminder of what this holiday is really about. And most importantly a reminder not to forget this holiday and just move on to christmas, as so many shopping stores and television commercials do. Your great sweetie, and i am thankful for you!

Divider

Divider