Friday, August 15, 2008

Madelynn = SO DARN CUTE!!

This is a funny story of Madelynn, how smart she is and how funny she is.

Wednesday evening I was feeding Katherine and Madelynn came in to see what was going on. My sister, Auntie Manda, was getting ready for a date and was therefore in the bathroom doing hair and makeup. Madelynn LOVES to help Auntie get ready and usually gets a hairdo and a pretty face out of the deal as well (lipgloss and a little blush). Well after talking with her for a minute I told her to go help auntie get ready to go bye-bye. So she left me and I could hear Amanda talking to her and they were playing, I didn't think anything more of it.

A few minutes later Madelynn comes back into my room fluffing her hair to show me her new do. I played along even though I didn't see any difference in her hair (this should have clued me in, she normally gets a barrette or a curl or something like that). I told her how cute she was and she ran back to auntie for more. Well this repeated itself a couple of times, I continued to tell her how pretty she was and still saw no change, but still, I didn't think anything of it.

I proceed to finish feeding Katherine and leave her on my bed, (once Maddy is asleep I move her into her room, but not until) and proceed to join the fun in the bathroom. I pass by Madelynn's room and notice that she has not been playing with Auntie at all, but she has indeed gotten ahold of her own curling iron, hairspray, and brush. I ask her what she is doing and she proceeds to pick up the curling iron (totally cold) and hold it up to her hair. She continues to stand there with her hand on her hip and a look on her face that is priceless. She is totally serious and wishing that the curling iron could just work a little quicker (isn't that how it is every Sunday morning as we get ready for church??)

But that is not all. Once her 'curl' is finished, she proceeds to spray it with hairspray and fluff it up with her hands. Then give a look like "all finished!!"

The other thing is.......the curling iron is plugged in (I hate to admit that). Somehow she got the plug safety insert out and managed to plug in the curling iron. Luckily she doesn't realize that there is an on/off on the curling iron so it is stone cold, but still, a little scary!!

2 comments:

BrittanyB said...

I love that story! She is hilarious ;)

Family Estill Espinoza said...

that was so funny. wow maddy is growing fast and smart.
I miss you all and cant wait to see you. we are disapointed we cant come up soon, but time will pass and we will see you.
katherine is cute too

Divider

Divider