Saturday, September 6, 2008

Blessing or Curse??

Tuesday night we had a ladies night out with all the girls from our mom'n'tots group which was rather quite enjoyable. Anyway, on our way out to Red Robin Katherine was being a little fussy about being in her chair. Stefanie was in the back with her and gave her a binki that was hanging around (Kate likes to chew on them sometimes, but nothing more). Well Stef must have a magic touch because Katherine absolutely loved the binki which made the evening all that much better.

Well since that evening Katherine has decided that she can't live without this binki. She gets very upset if it isn't in her mouth and it has even gotten so bad, that if she wakes up in the middle of the night and she doesn't have it in her mouth, she will cry and wake us up to fix it for her. This is very BAD!! Kate was sleeping through the entire night, not waking up until 6 or 7 in the morning until now!!

This is why I am wondering if this binki thing is really a blessing or a curse?? Can't it just bring on the good, why did it have to mess with her sleeping schedule?? I have really debated just making it disappear again, like it never existed in the first place, then we can go back to life as normal and all will be good again.

In other news, Katherine is now 4 months old. We had her checkup last friday. She is 13.6 pounds and 24 1/2 inches long. She is growing so fast and time is flying like crazy. I am loving being a mother of two. We have so much fun every day.

Madelylnn has developed a love for musicals. She loves to sing and dance along with the movies. Her favorites right now are "Meet Me in St. Louis" and "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers". So we sing and dance for Kate who absolutely loves the attention and excitement, she smiles and laughs at us.

Madelynn is learning so much every day. She knows all of her colors and only messes up on black, brown and white, but she is getting those ones quickly too. The other day I started counting to ten and she started some of the numbers before I did. I am so proud of her.

We have some exciting trips coming up and I cannot wait for them to get here. On the 25th-27th we go to a Dodgers Game, Day at Disneyland and a day of hanging out with cousins and go to a wedding in LA. Then on the 5th of October we head back to Anaheim for our week at Disneyland!!! I am so excited. I plan on seeing every crevace of Disneyland that I have never seen before. We realize that we are so lucky to be able to spend a week at Disneyland and are so grateful!!

1 comment:

BrittanyB said...

ah the Binki dilema, it really is a double edged sword. Good luck!

Divider

Divider