This past weekend we had Stake Conference. Katherine was sick so Madelynn and I got to have our own little excursion and go out just the two of us. There were two moments that were touching or funny that I wanted to remember.
During one of the talks the speaker said "parents, hug your children more often. Children, hug your parents more often" Madelynn was sitting on my lap and when she heard those words, she turned her head around and gave me the biggest hug. I cried.
Madelynn had fallen to sleep half way through conference. Before she fell to sleep she told me "I'm ready to go home!" It was funny. When it was finally all over I picked her up and let her put her head on my shoulder while we walked to the car. On our way out we said hi to a few people, one of those people was our friend Terryn and her sister Tori. Well, they are identical twins. Madelynn doesn't see Tori very often, though she has seen her before. After we got into the car she suddenly perked up and said "Mommy, I saw TWO Terryns!!!" It was the best thing that had ever happened to her.
No comments:
Post a Comment