Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Baby Blessing

This weekend was Katherine's baby blessing, but first let me start off with the weekend. I did something that I should have done weeks prior....I ponned (sp?) off Madelynn to my parents for the weekend. My reasoning being that I had a packed weekend and needed to be able to get things done before the blessing on Sunday, but it ended up being much more than that. I needed a break in the worst way and didn't even realize it. I was finally able to relax, have a good cry and get some sleep, all of the things I don't do with a two year old around.

My parents are SAINTS!!! They were totally exhausted when they brought Madelynn home on Sunday morning.

We were all so excited to see Madelynn when she got home on Sunday morning, but the most touching part of all was that she was excited to see the baby. She found her in her chair in mommies room and gave her the tenderest of kisses, it was very beautiful. Maddy didn't want to leave Kate, even in the car ride to church she had to be touching her. She is such a wonderful, caring little girl and big sister.




Then we went to church and had another wonderful surprise there. Jacob's brother, Jared, and his family came from Utah for the blessing. We had no idea until we saw them at church that morning. I immediately started to cry. Family means so much to me and I love surprises and the two combined is the best thing in the world. They came with their toddler and baby boys, it is not an easy trip and I am so grateful to them for their effort and gift and love for us.

Katherine wore an heirloom dress that is absolutely beautiful. I am going to try to get better pictures of her in it, I'll post one when I do. The blessing was beautiful as was the rest of the day. I love my family so much and can't think of a better way to spend a wonderful day than with the ones I love celebrating a new angel in our family.





1 comment:

Brooke said...

How fun!! If you're ever intersted I could do some pics for you...

Divider

Divider