I was trying to prepare for my lesson on Sunday when a title on the church's website caught my eye. They had a company conduct a survey to get the general publics opinion on the Texas Polygamist group and their knowledge of the relationship between that group and our church. It was amazing (and yet not when you hear it on the news) at how many people had no clue that they were not related to us. So I am glad that they are now making an effort to raise awareness to the public that there is absolutely no relation to the church. Here is the article if you are interested.
http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/church-seeks-to-address-public-confusion-over-texas-polygamy-group
"People have the right to worship as they choose, and we aren't interested in attacking someone else's beliefs," LDS church apostle Quentin Cook said in a statement. "At the same time, we have an obligation to define ourselves rather than be defined by events and incidents that have nothing to do with us."
"Mormons," he said, "have nothing whatsoever to do with this polygamous sect in Texas."
Couldn't have said it better myself!!
1 comment:
I loved this article too when I saw it!
Post a Comment