Sunday, February 24, 2008

Getaway!

Yes, for the first time since our first child was born, and about 9 weeks before the second one comes along, Jacob and I took our first getaway as parents. We were gone Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and Jacob had training until about 3:00, then we were free to do as we please. On Tues. we went to the Ontario Mills Mall, where once again we have decided that we love the Gap Outlet. Jacob got some stuff, but I found three maternity shirts for under $10 a piece, one was even $3.00!! This pregnancy I have been very anti-maternity clothes, which is funny because with Madelynn, I couldn't wait to wear maternity clothes and loved wearing them every day. This time however, that is not the case. I start to cringe every time I have to leave the house because I am now too big for the large knit tops that I have been wearing instead of the big tents (that is not how they really are, there are very cute maternity tops out there, but for whatever reason I cringe anytime I think of wearing one right now). Anyway, so I was very excited to find maternity tops where I will still be wearing the stretchy, knit tops that will fit over my belly and will probably rotate those three tops for the next nine weeks!! Anyway, back to our trip. On Wednesday we went to Disneyland, thanks to the season passes that we received for Christmas, and did all of the grown-up stuff we could do while being pregnant. Okay, so that list is still limited to Buzz Light Years, the Tiki room, watching Jacob go on a couple of roller coasters, and waiting 3 hours at ESPN for dinner. But it was still the best time ever!!

It seemed like every evening that we had together just got better and better. Shopping was fun, it was nice to be together, then Disneyland was exciting, but Thursday night topped all. We waited for an hour and a half in traffic to go to the Los Angeles Temple. We missed one session by, oh wait, it was starting when we walked in the doors, and the next one wouldn't be for another hour. So we decided to do sealings. I have so much to say about this experience, but most of it would be inappropriate for the internet. But I will say that we had a group of four couples and a sealer who stopped frequently with a bit of insightfulness, or did you knows, etc. that had me in tears practically the entire time we were there. The entire night was absolutely amazing.

Then we came home and found our little girl sound asleep and couldn't be happier to see her. The next morning was so fun as we played while daddy got ready for work, we love our little Madelynn so much!!

No comments:

Divider

Divider