A few weeks ago, I guess it has been about 5 or so, I was wishing Madelynn had a girl her age to hang out with. Most of her girl friends either have older sisters (who can intrude on their playing) or are older themselves and I wanted to find someone who she could play with and have it be just the two girls. Well a few days later our friend Jill called up and asked if her daughter Lucy could come and play with Madelynn on Wednesday mornings while Gracie goes to dance lessons. Lucy and Madelynn are 21 days apart!! This was PERFECT.
Every week has become more and more interactive between the two girls, but today was especially fun.....Lucy was here for about 4 hours!! In this amount of time we found out that both of the girls love Ring-Around-The-Rosie, love pretzels and oranges, and love to read. The entire time we were singing and dancing to ring-around-the-rosies, the girls were giggling so hard. They would have kept dancing for hours, but I had to sit down after about 10 times of 'falling down'. But I still kept singing and they would twirl around, but that didn't seem like it was quite as much fun, it didn't last. Then, when both of the girls were beyond ready for a nap, we went into Maddy's room for quiet time and read some books. I laid down on the floor and had one girl on either side of me while we read book after book. Then, when I had managed to close my eyes for a second, Lucy told me "No, no! No, nigh-nigh!!" It was very cute!! I did somehow manage to doze off for a few minutes and they managed to make a very large mess of the room! So here is HURRAY for play dates, we love them!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment