Today was another outdoor Saturday. The weather was beautiful. We finally got rid of the pile of junk that was left in our backyard when we bought the house. We borrowed Bruce & Kathy's truck for the weekend and were able to take a load to the dump. The truck was literally overflowing with stuff, and I am so glad that it is gone. On the way home from the dump, Jacob stopped by the nursery and purchased our first fruit tree, an Elberta Peach. I am so excited!! It is so little right now, but I know that it will be such a blessing to us in the future.
Okay, so it really is 2:00 in the morning and I am blogging. I can't sleep. Maddy is finally getting over her cold (it has been almost two weeks now) but is still not sleeping in her own bed. She wakes up over and over because she can't breathe, and I have a fault that I can't let a sick baby cry herself to sleep, so instead of getting up every 20 minutes and putting her back to sleep, I let her sleep in our bed. I have to say though that when she isn't sick, we are pretty lucky. She sleeps from 7-6:30 in her own bed and might wake up once in the night. So when she gets sick and I am lacking on sleep, it can get pretty tough. This time has to be the worst though because it has lasted two weeks and I am six months pregnant!!
Speaking of being six months pregnant, I can't believe that it has already gone by this fast. I am starting to get the third trimester symptoms of being uncomfortable and having heartburn 24-7, but other than that, I feel great. The baby moves around so much. The other day she put her foot under my bellybutton and pushed really hard so that I could feel her foot with my finger, I absolutely love that!! I love being able to feel where she is sitting and be able to feel her. The other night I had a dream that I was having a 4-D ultrasound, except it didn't display on a screen, it displayed like on starwars when R2D2 relays his messages and it is like the person is standing right there, it was like that. And we could tickle her and get her to smile and react to us, it was very cute. The only thing was that it was a boy, not a girl, and he looked just like Jacob when he was a baby. Maybe there are still boys in our future, we'll see.
Today was President Hinckley's funeral. I didn't get a chance to watch it, but I plan on Jacob and I watching it in the morning before we go to church, we don't meet until 11:00 now, which means Jacob's meetings don't start until 9:00, so we actually get to see him for a little while on Sunday mornings, which I love. So, I didn't watch the funeral, but I did get to watch a little bit of a thing that the BYU channel had about his life. I always knew he was an amazing man, just look at what he accomplished while he was prophet, and that he had an amazing wife, Marjorie Hinckley is one of my all time heros, but I had no idea how much he actually accomplished in his life time. And I am sure I will never know the full extent, but watching that segment today inspired me to want to try a little harder to do what I can in the world that I am living in. In my home and with my family most of all. My home has been really frustrating to me lately, but I guess it is still our home, even without baseboards or pictures on the walls, it is still our home and I love it!!!
2 comments:
I'm so happy that you have been blogging more! I update mine all the time because I am a terrible journal keeper so I figure this is my online journal!Disneyland looked so fun. I want to take my kids sometime before to long! So I never heard... did you end up making the scrapbook of all the grandkids for Grandma? I hope you got Carson and Hannah's stuff. Have fun and keep in touch!
CUTE blog facelift! Tell me where you went for it!
Post a Comment